Rylem is looking for an Art Director who will be responsible for:
· Commissioning a high volume of artwork: identifying freelance illustrators for each piece, providing continuous direction on individual pieces, and maintaining solid relationships with those partners.
· Working with the best fantasy illustrators alive to make every card worthy of an award.
· Leading in-house and external illustrators in creating concept art assets.
· Providing visual direction for internal/external presentations and videos with both R&D and Marketing teams.
· Providing direction for graphic designers on card frame treatments and individual graphic elements.
· Finding, retaining and developing illustration talent via book reviews, concept pushes, conventions, etc.
· Switching gears between varying creative concepts while maintaining a high standard of excellence.
· Synthesizing game mechanics, brand knowledge and R&D Creative goals into concise direction.
· Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator) and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Experience as a commissioning Art Director/Art Producer.
· Commercial art experience
· A portfolio demonstrating strong creative vision with a cinematic lens
· Understanding of Magic as both a game and a brand.
· Worldbuilding/character design experience.
· Knowledge of current fantasy illustration market/talent.
· Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits through Rylem
· Schedule Monday - Friday 8,8,8,8,8
· Creating new worlds in the MTG world