Are you ready to apply your risk and compliance expertise to a growing public company? Do you have experience working with acquisitive companies? We are seeking an Audit Manager who can apply technical knowledge to evaluate risks and design and execute audit plans across our growing business lines.
This public company has increased revenues more then 60% or 1B In the last three years, driven by organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
Seeking an Audit Manager to participate in audits of the company’s business-related processes, including testing of systems and applications under the scope of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. This is a key role working closely with our information technology team, as well as high levels of interaction with business process owners at each of our components. Our Audit Manager will have a unique opportunity to influence the design and testing of internal controls over financial reporting.
This position is based in Tacoma, Washington and may require up to 20% domestic and 10% international travel. You will report directly to the Internal Audit Director and supervise a team of 3.
Personal and Professional Attributes
- Solid ethical behavior and professionalism
- Results driven, seeking challenging assignments
- Proven track record of instituting a culture of professional development and mentorship – you must be able to inspire any direct reports towards action and an exciting future state, including experience in identifying, attracting, and retaining talent.
- Possesses a high-degree of interest in further career opportunities within the organization and professional growth.
- Strong risk management experience, including: performing assessments and audits, working collaboratively with the business and IT process owners to designing controls for new lines of business/acquisitions and/or providing input to remediation plans (as necessary)
- Superior project management skills – you will work through multiple assignments and audit phases during the calendar year and it is paramount that you track and execute on all of your assigned tasks with high quality and timely
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills – you will prepare audit documentation which will be submitted for review to your supervisors and interact with various levels of employees, as well as vendors such as our external auditors, to collect and communicate information.
- Strong analytical skills and a keen sense of professional skepticism – we are seeking a candidate with a proven history of analyzing data and situations to identify anomalies, outliers, and issues
- Willingness to dive deep into the assigned audit area to provide insights and/or solutions/recommendations – our focus is on improving the customer experience and you must be comfortable taking professional risk with the objective of creating value, internally and ultimately externally
Educational & Professional Credentials
- BA/BS degree in accounting, information systems, computer science, or related field
- 7+ years of audit experience including business and/or IT auditing, risk management, compliance, and project management, at least four of which should be consulting (Big 4 firm experience preferred, but not required)
- Relevant certifications (CPA, CISA, or CISSP) preferred
- Familiarity with COSO 2013 and PCAOB auditing standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Secondary emphasis on Visio and Access.
- Data analytics is a plus