Front End Developer
**Local candidates only, please. No sponsorship available, and nor corp-to-corp.**
This company is among the world’s leading creators and distributors of award-winning still imagery, video, music and multimedia products, as well as other forms of premium digital content. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, this company serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its best-in-class photographers and imagery help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
- Prototype, develop, test and optimize best-in-class responsive AngularJS applications
- Turn requirements such as wireframes, prototypes and interactive user interfaces into fully functional and highly performing web components
- Collaborate with backend developers, product owner, UX designers, QAs
- Integrate RESTful web services utilizing JSON from multi-tiered web applications
- Optimize existing code with engineering best practices
- Maintain high code coverage with tests
- Participate in the full development cycle engagements, including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Maintain third-party library dependencies; assure compatibility, scalability, and maintainability
- Develop and maintain comprehensive technical design documentation - UI/UX style guide & development standards, system architecture, high level and detailed design, etc
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of front end development experience including working with MVC
- Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Strong understanding of AngularJS is required (other frameworks are also a bonus)
- Familiarity with back-end web technologies (Node.js + Express / Java)
- Proficient understanding of cross browser development on a large scale public facing application
- Strong ability to build data models to integrate with backend services
- Solid understanding of responsive design, web standards and UI/UX best practices
- Experience of creation of adaptive mobile web applications
- Experience with optimizing UI
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- Experience with SASS or LESS or other CSS generators and frameworks.
- Experience with UI testing and automation frameworks (Selenium, Gemini, Chai, Mocha, Sinon, etc.)
- Knowledge of OWASP standards
- Proactive, solutions focused, and high standards for quality.