In our Payroll Services team, our mission is simple - we provide value added analysis for our business leaders to help them understand the changing payroll regulatory landscape. We take complicated payroll concepts and provide easy to understand information to support good decision making. As payroll costs is the main component of our cost of sales, the Payroll Services team includes Global Payroll, Payroll Tax, Unemployment, Garnishments, and Payroll Financial Analysis.
The Manager of Payroll Financial Analysis is a senior leadership role whose sphere of influence extends well beyond the payroll functions. This position provides guidance to our Operations teams, manages relationships with important third party service providers, works closely with our IT team to make sure all our systems are compliant with the changing regulatory landscape, and understands the profit impact on our business of those regulatory changes. The role of this position will expand to include leadership responsibilities of other functional areas depending on the candidate’s aptitudes and interests and changing needs of the organization. The person we are looking for is expected to play a significant part in shaping and achieving our strategy to double the size of our business. The position reports to the Vice President – Accounting Operations, and manages a team of two team members.
- Develop and implement goals, plans, priorities, and procedures for all areas of Global Payroll. Analyze and understand system processes and procedures to maximize profitability.
- Ensure compliance of payroll regulations in all of the POS systems used by our branch network and Corporate office to pay our workforce – internally developed applications (Prism and LabPro), and customized off the shelf products (PeopleSoft, TempWorks, UltraStaff, ADP WFN, and EV5) for all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Inspire and motivate others to achieve payroll and operational excellence.
- Establish and monitor controls for payroll policies, systems and procedures. Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of payroll processes used by our branch network.
- Direct and participate in evaluation and execution of our strategic initiatives from a Payroll Services perspective.
- Analyze the company’s financial results and ensure payroll results are properly recorded in our financial statements.
- Enhance and implement payroll systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Assist in special projects to buy and integrate companies, evaluate and implement new systems, adapt and improve our services and the relentless pursuit for process improvement.
- Manage a team of analysts. Hire, train and develop staff based on needs of the department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, evaluation, mentoring, coaching and rewarding of our team.
- Establish personal credibility with team by setting the example for aligning actions with company values.Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and ability to balance and prioritize multiple priorities.
- MBA degree is required, CPA is preferred.
- 10+ years accounting and/or payroll experience in a public company including previous leadership and management roles and responsibility is required.Experience in roles outside of payroll is required.
- Demonstrated experience in systems functional specifications development and systems testing is required.
- Demonstrated experience in visioning, strategic planning, and project management skills.Demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting governmental regulations with easy to implement solutions.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal); presentation skills; ensure information is shared in a clear, concise and collaborative manner.Proficient with Microsoft office tools and extensive knowledge of payroll and accounting systems.
The client company provides an excellent benefits package, which includes: PTO, Holidays, 401K, Stock Purchase
Program, Tuition Reimbursement, and a Comprehensive Medical/Dental Program.
(Payroll Manager, Manager of FP&A, Finance Manager, Manager of Payroll, Manager of Finance, Senior Manager Payroll, Sr. Payroll Manager, Sr. FP&A Manager)