What you’ll do
- Responds to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies.
- Prepares local, state and federal tax payments.
- Prepares payroll tax related journal entries.
- Researches and resolves outstanding issues.
- Analyzes problems, prepares reports and forms for review by the Payroll Tax Supervisor as well as those generated by outside agencies.
- Resolves outstanding issues.
- Investigates and resolve tax notices in a timely manner to minimize the risk of potential interest and penalties liabilities.
- Analyzes and compiles data of W2s and W2cs for any necessary tax amendments.
- Prepares quarterly local, state and federal withholding and unemployment returns.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual state tax reconciliations.
- Practical knowledge of payroll processing, general payroll policy, government regulations and payroll tax requirements
What you bring
to the table
- Preference for a bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years payroll tax related experience
- Strong analytical skills, oral and written communication skills, and attention to detail
- Practical knowledge of general payroll laws, government regulations and payroll tax requirements
- Goal oriented self- starter with strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and ability to adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access.
- Experience with accounting software systems and internet usage.
(Keywords: payroll tax associate, payroll tax admin, payroll tax specialist, payroll tax accountant, payroll admin, payroll accountant, payroll clerk, senior payroll specialist, sr. payroll specialist)