**Local Candidates Only**
Technical Writer III
Rylem Consulting is a leading resource in the Northwest for talent management. We help dynamic companies- Fortune 500 companies as well as innovative and exciting startups- identify and recruit game-changing talent. We currently have a 6 month contract position for a Technical Writer III.
Rylem is looking for a Technical Writer III who will:
· Help come up with the documentation for B2B shipping carriers.
· They will be responsible for creating the API documentation frameworks for worldwide shipping carriers needing to connect with shipping APIs.
· Currently the team does not have documentation in place to support vendor APIs.
· This resource will spend a lot of time working with the Tech and Product teams to define the frameworks- evaluating things such as: How should the frameworks be structured? What are the segments?
· Managing documentation
· Merchant fulfillment service- working with product managers and technical teammates; helping to align final product and documentation, display etc.
· Educating the team around documentation and display
· Participating in content reviews related to shipping service
· Working with Product managers, TPMs, other Technical Writers, Carrier Manager (interfacing with the carrier customer)
The technical writer (TW) will be transforming technical documentation from tech teams and TPMs into a professional and customer friendly Carrier Facing Specification (CFS) document that is capable of being published to prospective carriers.
· Someone who is versed in design documentation- how should it look? What gets included?
· Someone with experience writing about web services or APIs
· Seeking a contractor that has previous experience working with shipping carriers
· Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits through Rylem
· No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.
· Work right in the heart of south lake union
· Work Schedule: Monday-Friday